Monday, July 03, 2006

Football fever

Football fever..
With the world cup 2006 going towards the climax. I was bit hurt when Argentina did not make it through the quarter finals.. They played like a team. Some say it was because the wrong substitutes at the wrong time. But I can’t say that i completely agree with that, the coach was left with lesser choices due to the unexpected injury of "Oscar" the goal keeper. It was a clear foul play by Klose. It was a corner kick and Klose was no where near the ball the ball was away from him like 2 feet above his head. I don’t know how could referee can ignore such a incident. In the end Klose landed in Knee right on the hip of Oscar. Having played football for sometime during my college and school days, I could feel the pain in my hip when Oscar received those blow. It definitely deserved a hard warning or a red card. This is one such instance.

I will attribute the loss of Argentina to "poor referring". I don’t know whether the poor referring is intentional, just because it is their home ground and the officials wants to avoid the crowd getting wild.


Before the match


After the match

One happy thing happened as I expected Zizou came back with a bang. I always thought why they had chosen Zizou as the “Football player for the year” for more than two
times. I take back my word..Wov what game he played. He is truely inspirational.
If footbal is a religion I will worship Zizou

Zizou after the extraordinary pass to Henry which he converted it into a goal.

1 comment:

Lancelot said...

long live football..