Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Enough of Football...
The last 2 posts were exclusively for football because of the worldcup thats happening and so hot..

West Indian Restaurant...
This time it is about my visit to an west Indian restarant which is in Bangalore in C.M.H road. Well Vadivel anna asked do u prefer non veg or veg...So I thought about it... It was a while since I had non Veg so I told him why not... I was busy with something . He made some calls nd we left for the restaurant around 2120 hrs, On the way he told he has called 2 of his friends to give me company. I asked why.. then came the truth he told he was a vegitarian...Damn me..How could I forget that....
Now the situation was a no turn back situation.. 4 of us went to the restaraunt..

It was called SUE Restaraunt. So once we entered the other guys gave a brief about the restaraunt.
They told that this restaraunt belonged to one lady who was supposed to be the KEEP of Sir Vivan Richards..the cricketing legend.. They also told that when West Indies toured Bangalore..The team had a buffet lunch in the restaraunt. and all the players signed in a bat which was kept for display.
So thats about the restaraunt..
U will ask why a blog dedicated to the restaraunt..You will know why very soon.
I opened the Menu book.. Everyting were like greek and latin to me..
1)Chicken bla bla
2)Chicken bla bl baalba
3)Chicken *#$$%#!@
4)Prawn fry with (*((^&^

This ws how the menu appeared to me..
So I asked the other guys to order for me.
I made a sweep of the restaraunt..
We sat confortably in a corner , with a full view of the restaraunt...
there was a West Indian Samba Kinda music was playin in the back ground..
I searched for some good looking opp sex in the room... none there were..
3 forigners.. another 6 Indians (I suppose they were from a same project team)
and us..
Thats it,
The Waiter came for the order he seemed to young for a waiter hardly 18yrs or 17yrs.
They ordered some stuff.
The waiter came and told that my dish was finished for the day..
So I closed my eyes and selected the first plate on the menu page which was open...
I called the waiter and showed the dish to the waiter as it was difficult to prononunce..(The next morning I read in the paper it was impolite to point at a dish to the waiter and U have to give try to prononuce the dish..)
The waiter went and came back and told..that the prepartion includes dipping the chicken in "Wine"...He asked is that OK..I thought so wat they are dipping it before frying y not ...So I waved my fingers like Neelambari of paadayapa (meaning I told them to proceed)..

We waited for or dish to arrive for more than 30 minutes....
Then the dish arrived..
The Moment of truth...
It contained a pulav kind of stuff in the bottom above which deep fried chicken which was soaking in "Wine"..
I looked at the others and at thier food meaning I was looking for a exchange of food... but no, everyone smiled and they dug into thier own food...leaving me alone to play with my food.
I started and to my surprise I was at ease with a fork, knife and spoon...
All of them asked weather they had given trainnig on table manners in BIM..
I used my fork in left hand to hold the food and used the knife which was in my right to cut the food.
So here is another piece if info americans hold the fork in left hand and Europeans in their right..seemed funny
OK comming back to the food..
First the taste seemed so good I started to like it and I was relishing the food.. This was because the wine has settled in the bottom of the plate and since I was on the top layer of the dish it was good for me.. as i was about to finsih the plate, I had a good taste of wine... and it started to get rite to my head..it felt wierd...I know that the wine will have nil effect in my system.... but it was the first time... It was gettin rite to my head..felt little dizzy for a while (like 10 sec) then i was back to normal...
the other new things I had in the restaraunt
Peanut butter milk shake...
Some West Indian Pulav...
by the time we finished it was 11 o clock time to leave.. I felt sleepy.. and was fighting to keep awake as there was football match at 0030 hrs... and I stayed awake..

So guys Iam no more drinks virgin.. I had my own taste...

1 comment:

Ajoy said...

Maps Caribean Music is Calypso... Samba is Brazilian.. Am i right?

And are u talking abt Neena Gupta and the "King" richards child affair.. Actually its not an affair..

Good Style..Keep on blogging.. Cheers